H&R Block Tax Preparation Checklist 2018 - 2019 Tax Season
Tax season conjures up many challenges that tend to make the common taxpayer cringe at the thought of tax preparation. Fortunately, H&R Block 2019 tax products can ease the tension by providing straight forward guidance that makes the task at hand a lot easier to tackle.
This page is provided as a way to answer common questions taxpayers may have when looking to purchase, use, or access H&R Block tax preparation information and products.
Ringing in the tax year is nothing like ringing in the new year! Fact is, there's much less excitement for tax season, unless you're expecting a great big refund. However, keeping your tax filing documentation organized throughout the year will make the process much easier.
H&R Block 2019 Tax Preparation Choices
To start with, the big decision many taxpayers tangle with right away is the decision to prepare their taxes themselves, or use a tax expert to help complete the tasks as needed.
Fortunately, unlike TurboTax 2019 Products that strictly provide do-it-yourself tax software, H&R Block offers the choice of working with a tax professional by scheduling and appointment to visit an HR Block neighborhood office in your area. This can be a much less stressful way to go, and you can set up your appointment right on line when needed. Makes life nice!
H&R Block Customer Service
HR Block contact phone numbers 1 (800) 472-5625
H&R Block Offices: With over 10,000 tax professionals and more than 11,000 convenient
locations, HR Block is ready to help with your tax filing tasks when needed.
Click Image Above to Contact a HR Block Tax Office, or Check On:
- Scheduling an Appointment
- Rescheduling an Appointment
- Find Out What You'll Need to File Your Taxes
- Check on Your e-filed Documents and Tax Return Status
H&R Block Allows You To File Anywhere, at anytime: Online, Downloadable Software, or Tax Pro Assistance at an HR Block Office Near You
- With HR Block Online Tax Preparation you can prepare your taxes on your phone, tablet or laptop. Switch seamlessly between devices and pick up where you left off.
- Use HR Block Downloadable Tax Software and CD Purchases to install H&R Block on your computer which allows you to work anywhere, anytime, regardless of an internet connection or not.
- Schedule an Appointment with HR Block Tax Pros who understand taxes and guarantee every credit and deduction.
H&R Block 2019 Tax Preparation Documentation Checklist
- Your social security number or tax ID number
- Your spouse's name, social security number or tax ID number
- Dependent's Dates of birth, social security numbers or tax ID's
- Childcare records (including the provider's tax ID number)
- Form 8332 right to claim a child (if applicable)
Employment and Income Documentation
- Employed Forms W-2
- Income of other adults in your home
- Unemployed Unemployment, state tax refund (1099-G)
- Self-Employed Income, Forms 1099-MISC, Schedules K-1
- Records of all expenses and receipts
- Business-use asset (cost, date placed in service, etc.)
- In home office information, if applicable
- Record of estimated tax payments made (Form 1040ES)
- Rental Income Records of income and expenses
- Rental asset information (cost, date placed in service, etc.)
- Retirement Income Pension/IRA/annuity income (1099-R)
- Traditional IRA basis (i.e. amounts contributed already taxed)
- Social security/RRB income (1099-SSA, RRB-1099)
- Savings, Investments, Dividend income (1099, -INT, -OID, -DIV)
- Income from stock sales or other property (1099-B, 1099-S)
- Dates of acquisition and cost basis for property sold (1099-B)
- Health Savings Account, LTC (1099-SA or 1099-LTC)
- Expenses related to your investments
- Other Income & Losses Gambling, Jury duty records, Hobby income and expenses, Prizes and awards, Trusts, Royalty Income 1099 Misc, other 1099s received, alimony paid/received
Tax Deduction Documentation Checklist
- Home Ownership Forms 1098, mortgage interest statements
- Real estate and personal property tax records
- Receipts for energy-saving home improvements
- All other 1098 series forms
- Qualifies Charitable Donations, cash and non-cash
- Mileage driven for charitable or medical purposes
- Medical Expenses, healthcare insurance, doctors, dentists, etc
- Health Insurance Form 1095-A, Marketplace (Exchange) info
- Form 1095-B and/or 1095-C insurance coverage sources
- Marketplace exemption certificate (ECN) if applicable
- Childcare Expenses Fees for care of an infant or preschooler
- Wages paid to a baby-sitter
- Educational Expenses Forms 1098-T and Receipts
- Records of any scholarships or fellowships you received
- Form1098-E if you paid student loan interest
- Job Expenses & Tax Prep Fees, related vehicle expenses
- Receipts for classroom expenses (for educators in grades K-12)
- Employment-related expenses (dues, publications, Job-hunting
- Moving expenses not reimbursed by employer
- Amount paid for previous year tax return preparation
- State & Local Taxes or local sales tax amounts paid
- Retirement & Other Savings Form 5498-SA, HSA contributions
- Form 5498 showing IRA contributions, forms (5498-QA, -ESA)
- Federally Declared Disaster documentation, property losses, clean up costs, rebuilding/repair costs, insurance reimbursements/claims, FEMA assistance information.
H&R Block 2019 Tax Preparation Software
- H&R Block Free Edition
- Simple 1040ez tax returns
- H&R Block Basic Edition
- Import tax data on basic 1040 returns
- H&R Block Deluxe Edition
- For home owners and investors
- H&R Block Premier Edition
- Self employed, and rental properties
- H&R Block Premium Home and Business Edition
- All in one personal and small business tax preparation